BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION
The EurOMA Journal Publishing Workshop aims to help researchers transform their submitted conference papers into journal-level submissions. We welcome researchers in the field of Operations Management (OSCM), who wish to increase the quality of their publications in recognised international academic journals.
Academics are judged on their ability to produce research papers appearing in good quality international journals, which are also the basis of Business School and University prestige and success.
Papers brought to the workshop are typically targeted, but not exclusively, at the following journals:
- International Journal of Operations and Production Management (IJOPM)
- Journal of Operations Management (JOM)
- Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ)
- Production Planning and Control (PPC)
- Journal of Service Research (JSR)
- Journal of Supply Chain Management (JSCM)
- Supply Chain Management an International Journal (SCMIJ)
The Publishing Workshop has two specific objectives:
- Publishing process. Through plenary sessions with members of the editorial board of operations and supply chain management (OSCM) journals, the participants will be briefed on the editorial policy, publication process, strategies for submission, writing and responding to reviews, resubmission process, etc.
- Co-creation to improve the paper. Each paper will be allocated to a journal editorial board member as discussant, who will comment on the content and clarity of presentation of the ideas. The discussions will take place in small group sessions, during which other workshop participants in addition to the discussant will critique the papers and provide suggestions for further development to bring the paper up to publication standards. The process of critiqueing other papers will be an important part of the learning process.
EurOMA board lead: Dr George Onofrei
15th EurOMA Publishing Workshop
Module 2 – November 10th-11th, 2022